Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. (Sir Francis Bacon)

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Life on the Refrigerator Door (Alice Kuipers)

Audiobook

The entire story is told through a series of notes left on the refrigerator between a mom and her teenage daughter. It was amazingly good. I wanted to rush home to write a note for my daughter, but I'm afraid our notes would not be anywhere as insightful as the book's. (It was a relief to hear a shopping list, or complaints that mom was mean and horrible.)

I probably shouldn't have listened to this story (about an long) in the car; it made me cry.

It's one of the best audiobooks, and probably one of the best books, I've read in a long time.

No comments: