Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. (Sir Francis Bacon)

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Real Murders (Charlaine Harris)

I tend to get stuck in a series, or on a single author. Right now, I'm really enjoying Charlaine Harris' books. She's the author of the Sookie Stackhouse series, and even though this is a popular series I hadn't expected to like them. But since I did, I went on to her Harper Connelly mysteries.

Now I've discovered the Aurora Teagarden mysteries. Real Murders is the first in this series. I was surprised by the ending, which is always nice in a mystery book. What really amazed me, though, was that I wasn't even tempted to read ahead in the book. (I have a really bad habit of being impatient, and peeking at future chapters or even the ending.) This book kept my interest enough that I didn't have to take a peek to keep me reading.

And it really was a good ending.

No comments: