Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. (Sir Francis Bacon)

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cold Truth (Mariah Stewart)

I actually listened to this as an audiobook, rather than reading it. I've discovered that you can go online to our local library and borrow audiobooks. You choose whether to keep them 14 days or 21, and the download actually expires on that date. It's pretty cool. I enjoyed being able to listen to the story as I was knitting on the bus and at Starbucks.

This was a really good story, too. It's the first in her Truth series, and I definitely want to read (or listen to) the next book. In Cold Truth, a policewoman (herself the childhood victim of a horrific crime) teams up with a couple of FBI agents and a true-crime author to stop a serial killer.

No comments: