This is the first of Clement's Dixie Hemingway mystery series. Dixie Hemingway is a former Deputy turned pet sitter, who happens to stumble on a couple of dead bodies as she tries to care for her four-legged clients.
I love this series, mostly because it is set in Sarasota, Florida. Throughout the story, I find myself trying to picture the actual location from my days of living there. This book included a reference to Bayfront Park, one of my favorite places to spend a quiet afternoon. I have fond memories of the kids playing in the fountain there.
Being a totally non-animal person, I was very surprised to find myself thinking about getting a cat. There's so much fascinating information on cat behavior and the reasons for it. Luckily, there was also a line about cats living for twenty or more years, and the vet bills and other responsibilities involved, that brought me back to reality.
Oh yeah, and the plot was pretty good too.
No comments:
Post a Comment