Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. (Sir Francis Bacon)

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

204 Rosewood Lane (Debbie Macomber)

I listened to this as an audiobook.

I didn't really like this one, and I'm not too sure if I even like the series. As I listen to the stories, it's easy to get involved in the tales. There are several storylines that weave in and out of each other, and it definitely brings to mind life in a small town. But I like a book to be complete, even within a series. This book just sort of starts where the last book left off, and ends when enough time (or pages) have been filled. There's no closure.

This book in particular bothered me. There's a storyline very similar to one in my own life, and it brought up serious memories I don't look for in an escape novel. If I could, I would just walk away now. Unfortunately, I am caught up in the many storylines so I guess I have to find the next book in the series.

No comments: