I love the Evanovich books. She's got such a light, tongue-in-cheek way of writing that makes each one fun to read, whether it's her mysteries or the love stories.
Recently (maybe about two months ago), I decided to read the Plum series from start to finish. It's taking me longer than I thought it would, but only because getting the books in order from the library is a challenge. Even though I can put a reserve on the copy I want, it doesn't help much if I can't make it to the library when it's open. The nearest branch to me is closed for renovations until next summer, so that adds to the challenge.
"High Five" is, obviously, the fifth book in the Stephanie Plum series. I still am fascinated with Stephanie Plum, mainly because I see traces of my college roommate in her. (I think it's the hair and the mascara.) She's tough-talking, but with an real vulnerability that makes all the guys go after her. And what a collection of guys. Given a choice between Morelli and Ranger, I'd be confused, too.
The mystery in "High Five," the disappearance of Stephanie's uncle Fred, takes a backseat role in the plot of this book. After all, it was pretty easy to figure out the answer within the first couple of chapters; the joy was the adventures Stephanie had along the way. I laughed out loud when the garbage truck exploded!
I am still determined to read the series, although I may have to break down and buy each book. But that would be a good thing - I can easily see myself re-reading these for the grin-value.
No comments:
Post a Comment