Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. (Sir Francis Bacon)
Friday, August 21, 2009
Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (Meg Cabot)
Maybe it was just the timing, but I didn't like this book as much as I had liked the previous ones in the series. The heroine, Lizzie, is starting to get on my nerves, and I wasn't that crazy about the hero, Chaz, either. Even the writing was a bit off; the characters didn't seem as consistent, as though the author was trying to make them behave so that the story would work out the way she wanted it to. I probably would have been better putting the book down and watching a movie; I might have enjoyed this more on a different day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment