Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. (Sir Francis Bacon)

Monday, August 24, 2009

Twelve Sharp (Janet Evanovich)

I'm almost caught up with Stephanie Plum series. Which is good, because I might be getting a little tired of them. That's the only reason I can think of why I didn't find this book as good as the previous ones. But I wasn't as impressed with the characters and their interactions; too much of it was forced and inconsistent. And while there was yet another scene that had me laughing hysterically (who wouldn't laugh at Granda in a Madonna bra), overall I thought there was something missing this time around.

Although I will point out that I was not able to put the book down, and literally read it in one sitting.

No comments: